[ASIDE: Across the IT industry, SRM has stood for “Storage Resource Management” for years. I’ve always found it unfortunate that two very different products offered by the EMC Federation (this and VMware’s Site Recovery Manager) share the same acronym…]
The main features added in the new version involve more integration with both ViPR and VPLEX.
In 3.5, SRM adds tighter integration with the ViPR controller. This allows for:
- Improved virtual-to-physical mapping
- The addition of new tenant file system reporting
- ViPR chargeback reports
In 3.5, SRM also adds tighter integration with VPLEX. This allows for:
- Better reporting and mapping of VPLEX topology groups
- VPLEX Service Level mapping
- New VPLEX performance reports
- VPLEX chargeback reports
Storage Resource Management (SRM) Suite 3.5 will be GA before the end of Q2.